Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Elevation Polish Pic de Sotllo and Doctor Who Cybermen Manicure

Hello, hello!

I've had this mani in mind for a long while and while I couldn't use all the components in my head I like the way it turned out.

For my base I used Elevation Polish's Pic de Sotllo, a gorgeously vivid deep blue similar to Revlon Royal. I actually own several polishes in this category of blue: Revlon Royal, Sally Hansen X-treme Wear Pacific Blue, Pure Ice First Kiss, Sinful Colors Endless Blue and who knows how many more are lurking in my melmer drawers!  Elevation's the only indie brand of this blue I have and the only one I use consistently. Pic de Sotllo has an opaque jelly finish. I wouldn't call it a crelly because I feel like a crelly has a weightier base that happens to be sheer.  My bottle is full on delicious, juicy jelly but can be built up to opacity in about 3 thin coats.  In my manicure I'm using 3-4 really thin coats to deepen the color. The formula was really easy to work with, self- leveling and non-patchy which can be a problem with some jelly polishes.  Pic de Sotllo is probably my favorite Elevation Polish!


Then I used China Glaze Sci-Fi, a metallic silver, and the MJ XII plate to stamp the cyberman head on my ring finger.  When I originally envisioned this mani I had a white adipose stamp instead but since I recently lost a bit of length the adorable little adipose didn't fit.  I had hoped to stamp it on my thumb but I couldn't get a good image all of a sudden when I tried to get it for my thumb.  Aside from that, I liked the silver of Sci-Fi against Pic de Sotllo.


Funny side note: Pic de Sotllo was really hard to get a color accurate picture of when using my proper camera. Interestingly enough I was able to get one with my cell phone camera, who would've thought.  Hence this picture when I was trying to get a closeup of the cyberman head.


The above picture is also the most color accurate though you get to see the butt end of my normally good camera :-P

I actually have a ton of stamping plates including the new Bundlemonster Create Your Own 2014 set but I hardly ever do stamping because they haven't always turned out well in the past.  I'm going to push myself from now on to finally make use of all those stamping plates :)

No comments:

Post a Comment