Tuesday, March 17, 2015

St. Patrick's Day Manicure with Lemming Lacquer

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I'm really excited about the mani I'm going to share with you today but first I wanted to give a little update. I missed the past couple weeks of posting because I broke my ankle!  The whole thing was a huge mess, not because of the actual injury but due to the hospital's increasingly insane recommendations--one of which was sending me to a rehabilitation center in Iowa City or Peoria, each more than 1 hour away. Yeah, total insanity. I've been having a really rough go of it gimping around and doing even the most simple of tasks plus the pain meds like to make me dizzy and knock me out so going outside (my preferred swatching method) just hasn't been in the cards. I was ordered to take it easy and keep it elevated so I've been stuck in bed for the past few weeks. I've gradually been able to be more active and that includes getting these swatches in time for St. Patrick's Day.

Read and see more after the jump!

So like I said I'm SUPER excited because this polish is one of my own that is going to be released in my debut collection based on everything Wonderland.

Alice in Wonderland has captivated my imagination for many years in all of its forms from the classic 1951 Disney movie to American McGee's twisted and sinister video games to Frank Beddor's "non-fiction" take of Alyss' adventures in his Looking Glass Wars series. My collection is unique because I pull inspiration from Wonderland in many of its manifestations rather than one story or version of characters.

I present to you Ravens and Writing Desks* based on, of course, the Mad Hatter. The Mad Hatter is an iconic character no matter what telling you experience and was such a hard polish to make!


I decided to use a teal-leaning green as a base inspired by Hatter Madigan, the royal bodyguard to the Hearts family in The Looking Glass Wars. Out of all the personifications of the Mad Hatter I found this one to be truly unique so I had to acknowledge Hatter M in this collection. The holographic lime green, gold and turquoise accent glitters are inspired by the absurdly daffy Mad Hatter from the 1951 Disney movie with various sized black glitters for an appropriate touch of dark madness.


Shown here are two thin coats with one coat of HK Girl top coat.


Due to my broken ankle I had to adjust my original intended launch. I go to the doctor next week for a check up and depending what he says--like if I need physical therapy or if I'm good to go--I can get a better idea of when I can launch.  Be sure to follow us on Instagram and Like us on Facebook for updates about Ravens and Writing Desks, Lemming Lacquer's other shades and our launch date!

*Name has been changed and was originally In This Style 10/6.

No comments:

Post a Comment