Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Colors By Llarowe Good Golly Miss Molly Swatches and Review

What a mouthful of a title for a post!

I wanted to bring out a really special polish for my first swatch post on the new blog. I was super lucky (and way persistent) to nab Colors by Llarowe Good Golly Miss Molly during the last restock.

Good Golly Miss Molly (GGMM) is a damn sexy deep, dark magenta. Leah Ann said on Facebook she picked up the wrong tint when mixing a batch of Woman From Tokyo.  To me the shade is more Woman From Tokyo and Dirty Diana combined to make an awesomely rich shade in between the two.  All around this is a GORGEOUS polish. Sorry for a few nails being slightly off in shape (stupid cold!) but I haven’t been keeping up with moisturizing and my new nail shape has been a bit difficult to keep going and keep intact.






This is three thin coats of GGMM with one coat Hong Kong Girl top coat to make the surface smooth.  The formula was good.  It was a tad thick for my application style so I added several drops of thinner a couple times until it was a nice flowing consistency.  Adding thinner to CbLs are a normal practice for me but it may not be for everyone.  I had some slight bubbling and uneveness (polish dragged a little during application) so I added the top coat to leave a smooth finish.  Obviously HK Girl didn't dull the holo :)


Unfortunately GGMM was limited edition and was only available during that one restock in mid-January. If you see this come up on a blog sale or swap, GET IT! Colors by Llarowe is available on the Llarowe site (please note Llarowe is relaunching a new site and will be closed from 1/28/14 through part of 1/31/14) and soon Harlow & Co. Be sure to follow Llarowe on Facebook for news on restocks!  We you able to get GGMM or any other Colors by Llarowe during the last restock?

No comments:

Post a Comment