Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Digital Nails Nox and Sectumsempra Review

Here are some quick and dirty swatches of a polish I bought some time ago and hadn't gotten around to posting yet.
Nox is a thermal color changing polish that changes from a pale gray-blue when warm to a deep navy blue when cold with shimmer that also shifts from bright blue to violet-pink.
It dries to a semi-matte finish but the shimmer is gorgeous with a coat or two of top coat which is what you’ll see here.
The formula was bit challenging to work with.  Somehow there was balding when I applied the first coat in some spots.  I’ve never had a polish do that except for finicky holos like Nfu-Ohs and Layla Holograms that require an aqua basecoat.  It took patience and three coats to complete my mani.  Nox was also on the thick side so application was tricky but after a few drops of thinner it became more manageable.  I may have to add a bit more though.

Next is Sectumsempra.
Sectumsempra is a medium burgundy/brown holo.  I’ve really been into these ever since I got Enchanted Polish Mr. Burgundy.  I’m always on the look out for more even though I’m very happy with Mr. Burgundy (I was even able to snag a backup!).  Shown here is three thin coats and this polish is more holographic in real life.  I tried my best to capture it but the weather outside refused to cooperate.
Seeing these pictures makes me really want to wear Sectumsempra again!

I also bought Obliviate in this order but I haven't tried it out yet.  One small thing I thought I should mention.  This was my first order from this brand and I found a few polishes I wanted were out of stock.  I looked at the Facebook page and didn't see a restock date posted or on the blurb above the listings in the Etsy shop.  So I decided to email the maker on Etsy and ask if there was a time when the shades I wanted would be restocked.  I waited for at least a week but I never received a reply and still haven't.  Luckily the polishes I wanted happened to be restocked shortly after that so I decided to take a chance and buy a few.  Like I said, it's a small thing and I don't know much about this brand or how busy it was or if there could have been an issue with Etsy but I thought I'd at least mention that was part of my experience with this brand.  Also luckily, I didn't have any issues with my order or changes in the polish make-up so I haven't needed to contact the maker again.

Digital Nails can be found on Facebook here and on Etsy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment