Monday, February 9, 2015

Shopping My Stash: Illamasqua Superstition Swatches and Review

Hello, hello!

Today's post is a little different.  I recently joined a group on Facebook centered around supporting each other when going on a low or no buy.  The reasons to limit spending on polish or to stop it entirely are varied but some of the more common ones I've heard are:
  • I have too many untrieds
  • I've spent way too much lately and I need to reign it in
  • I have too many polishes! 
^I know that one may seem unlikely--I mean how many memes have we seen like this?

Source
But it's true.  Some people reach a number of polishes they're uncomfortable with and until that's addressed they won't buy any more.

While I'm not officially limiting or cutting myself off from getting new polish, my polish buying has gone way way down in recent months.  That doesn't mean I can't still enjoy my hobby though!  One of the ways you can get yourself through a low or no buy is shopping your stash--go through your collection and rediscover the gorgeous polishes you may have forgotten you had.  I bring to you one such polish in my collection: Illamasqua Superstition.

Superstition is a purple leaning fuchsia.  This is 4 thin coats and NO top coat!  This shined almost as much as a jelly it was so impressive.  Application is smooth perfection as always with Illamaqua.  This is why you spend $14-$17 per bottle for these.  I may have gotten this back when they were $14 at Sephora, I can't remember.  The formula is great, I love the bottle shape
While the polish is opaque in 2 coats, less coats definitely lean more pink but the more I applied the more purple-y fuchsia it became.  I had a particular mani in mind when applying this so I wanted a more purple leaning look.

I liked this color so much I even painted my left hand which is a rarity for me, as strange as it may sound.  Usually my non-swatch hand is a mix of whatever polishes I wanted to try out really quickly.  I could also see this as being a great pedicure color when I'm taking a break from my classic favorite red.

Have you ever gone on a low or no-buy before?  What are some of your tips of getting through it?

No comments:

Post a Comment